Various studies across the globe show interesting effects of using our fingers (read hands) for either cell phone or hand knitting. As the usage of cell phones is increasing, we must know its side effects too, if any. Read on and tell us if you agree.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF EXCESSIVE PHONE TIME?
- Can cause depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Has a negative impact on concentration levels resulting in distraction from the task at hand
- Exposure to disturbing news can lead to psychological effects
- Too much social media can make you jealous of others
But using within limits has its own advantages like being in the know of the world events and staying connected with friends and family.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF KNITTING?
- Helps you focus on the present moment
- Gives a sense of personal control
- Makes you feel enthusiastic and happy
- Gives a sense of achievement and creative satisfaction
- Keeps your brain sharp and can slow the effects of aging on your brain
- Knitting is good for your heart! Knitting and crocheting can lower heart rate and blood pressure.
Sure, knitting seems easy to you now, but once it was not. Admit it, it was intimidating. You got enchanted by the beautiful projects but were not sure if you too will be able to make one. But now you are awesome at it!
If someone has approached you about learning how to knit or you would like to teach someone how to knit but you aren’t sure how to begin, here are some tips that should help.
1. Consider knitting a couple of rows in advance and to give the new knitter something to hold onto while learning. You can always teach them to cast on after they’ve made their first little sample swatch.
2. Start with large needles, at least size 9 and light-colored yarn. They make it easier for the new knitter to see the knitting clearly.
3. Be patient and go slow! Move slowly and don’t get frustrated when you need to show your student something over and over.
4. Start with a swatch of about 20 or 25 stitches. The
You already know the benefits of knitting. Knitting teaches you the basic principles of living life and it also keeps you healthy. But do you know if you analyse the process of knitting closely, it also teaches you how to save successfully? Read further to know how.